Friday, March 21, 2008

Presents for my boys!!

My beloved cousins, Hayley & Chris came to visit today and we decided to go down to the outlet mall to see what we could find.

I found this:
3 polos for Matt to wear to work from Banana Republic ($30 a piece, originally), 3 sleepers for Jack from Carters ($14 a piece originally), and 3 summer outfits for Jack ($16 a piece originally) for............$48.73!!

2 polos were $3.60
1 polo was $6.80
3 sleepers were $5
2 summer outfits were $6

Would have cost $164 originally! For $48.73! That's a 70% savings!!!
I am totally pumped!

A few months ago at my Bible Study I was given an incredible opportunity. A local clothing store, Cato, had given my leader, Kim a huge number (think a car load) of brand new clothes that had been marked down 3 times, so they gave them to her to give away to people. She calls it "blessing" people. These were mostly adorable shirts for summer--which is coming right up! We were all encouraged to take as much as we wanted, and even though I felt like a glutenous cow, I ended up taking a whole garbage bag full home (we all did). It was such a blessing!!! And every time I get a compliment, I just say, "Thank you, it was a gift from my father." One of my students said to me "Mrs. Dilley, you sure do have a generous dad." I just smiled. I've had so much fun wearing my clothes, but I felt bad for Matt because he didn't have anything new. It gets old wearing the same old thing, day in and day out. This made me particularly excited to bless him with a few new shirts to wear to work.

Also, Matt had been sort of freaking out that we didn't have a lot of clothes for Jack in the next sizes up. He's been so slow in growing that we've always had a "bumper crop" of clothes waiting when he gets to the next size. Well, that was about to run out. We have a few 6 and 9 month pieces (yes, you read that right, my soon-to-be 10 month old wears 3-6 month clothing), but not enough to keep me from doing laundry every few days. My friend, Carrie (yes, I have a friend named Carrie) was given a bag of adorable girl stuff that had a few boy pieces in 6 and 9 month sizes that she gave me last week, and then I struck gold at Carters, my FAVORITE baby store. It was so nice to add really nice, way cute stuff to his clothes--we are so blessed!!!

Also, I got this deal few weeks ago, but then our internet went down and blah, blah, blah, I didn't get it posted so here it is:

OOP: $3 (could have been free if I had remembered my ECB, ugh)
ECB: $5
Not bad, eh?

No comments: