Sunday, March 30, 2008

Spring Break--Woo!

Top 5 Reasons to teach:
1) June
2) July
3) August
4) Christmas Break
5) Spring Break

Seriously, how many professions offer built-in vacations AND sick/personal days. I am so blessed by my job. Sure it's hard to leave my boy every day--he's cared for (read: spoiled all day long by) a family that home schools their girls--it's him and one other baby, and from what I can tell, they just play all day long. He loves them and they love him. And me? I get to go and bless the lives of the 18 children in my homeroom, 21 children in my math class, and 20 more in my science class. That's something like 60 lives that I get to touch, bless, and pray for every day. What an incredible opportunity. Not to mention working in a largely Christian environment with the opportunity to bless and be blessed by my adult co-workers every day. The decision to work outside my home was never really a decision for me. I'm a born teacher. I am passionate about public education.

Regarding bargains, my biggest one this week saved me, oh about $2,000!!! We traded the bedroom suite that Matt hated (that had belonged to my late grandmother) with my cousin. She and her husband had one that they were...over for personal reasons. So, we have a practically brand new headboard, matching side tables, and a dresser with a MIRROR!!! Awesome.

And the free Softsoap at CVS rocks my world!

No comments: